MOBILE: 07443 840403
Main Hall & Kitchen
3 hours - £45.00 plus a refundable deposit of £50.00. Subsequent hours - price on request.
Please contact our bookings officer for our latest prices.
A refundable deposit of £50.00 will be required
|Main Hall & Kitchen||
Please contact our bookings officer for our latest prices.
A refundable deposit of £100.00 will be required
Note: Refundable deposit will be refunded after the event and will be subject to the premises being left in good order and with any damage and/or breakages
Conditions of Hire
1. All Applications for the hire of the Hall must be in writing on the printed Booking Form and forwarded on completion with signature to the Owner. The person by whom this Application Form is signed shall be considered to be the Hirer. Where an organisation is named on the Application Form that organisation shall also be considered to be the Hirer and shall jointly and severally be bound by these conditions.
2. All of the charges specified on the Booking Form must be paid by the due dates, and no Application to hire the Hall will be formally accepted until all of the payments have been made.
3. The hire of the Hall does not entitle the Hirer to use or to enter the premises at any time other than during the specified hours for which the hall is hired unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed in writing with the Owner.
4. The Hirer shall not sub let the Hall or any part thereof.
5. The Hirer is responsible for all loss to the Owner and all damage caused to the Hall, including fixtures and fittings and all equipment in the Hall and the land occupied by the Hall, during the period of hire and to any property of the Owner in the Hall occurring during the period of the hire or whilst the persons are entering or leaving the Hall pursuant to the hire, provided that the Hirer shall not be responsible for such damage as aforesaid when the same has been caused by a person or persons outside the control of the Hirer or by an occurrence outside the control of the Hirer. It is hereby declared that a person shall be deemed to be in the control of the Hirer if that person is in the Hall or on the said land in connection with the purpose for which the Hall is being hired. Damage as hereinbefore described caused during the period of hire shall be deemed to be the responsibility of the Hirer unless shown by the Hirer to fall within the proviso hereof.
6. The Owner of the Hall shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the property arising out of the hiring nor for any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred by or be done or happen to any person or persons resorting to the Hall during the hiring arising from any loss or breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the Hall to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled and the Hirer shall indemnify the Owner against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person resorting to the Hall during the hiring in respect of any such loss, damage or injury.
7. The Hirer is advised to arrange their own insurance cover for loss, accident, or injury to persons, related to its own activities and property.
8. All hirers responsible for pupils / members should have their own Accident Book. All accidents involving Centre fixtures / fittings or property must be reported to a Committee key holder as soon as possible in order that the Centre Accident Book can be completed. Please ensure that you are at the premises before your guests/pupils or members arrive.
9. The right of entry to the Hall is reserved to the Owner and any Agent of the Owner and any Police Officer at any time during the period of hire. If the Hall is being hired for the purpose of a private party, the Owner may notify the Police to ensure that the applicable licensing laws are being observed.
10. The Hirer shall be responsible to ensure that good order is kept in the Hall during the period of the hire and in particular will ensure that no activity of any kind whatsoever carried on during the period of the hire will cause any nuisance or offence to the occupiers of residential premises neighbouring the Hall.
11. The Owner of the Hall reserves the right to stop any activity, entertainment or meeting not properly conducted.
12. The Hirer shall at the expiration of the period of hire leave the Hall in a clean and orderly state, with all lights and equipment switched off and all equipment, of any kind whatsoever, used during the period of hire shall be left clean and intact. Please ensure that you have in the time specified for your Hire, allowed sufficient time for Preparation and Clearing up. The Centre must be ready at the specified time to enable it to checked and closed promptly.
13. The Hirer shall not, at any time, exceed the maximum number of persons allowed in the Hall: -
Main Hall - 70 people
Meeting Room - Boardroom Style 15: General Meeting Style 25
14. No exits may be blocked, chairs or obstructions placed in corridors or fire appliances removed or tampered with.
15. Vehicles must be parked in the car park provided and no vehicle is to be parked so as to obstruct any entrance or exit of the Hall.
16. Smoking is NOT PERMITTED in any part of the Cottam Hall Community Centre Building under any circumstances.
17. Chewing Gum is NOT PERMITTED in any part of the Cottam Hall Community Centre Building under any circumstances.
18. The use of Sellotape (or similar) and/or Drawing Pins is NOT PERMITTED in any part of the Cottam Hall Community Centre Building, excepting that Drawing Pins are permitted on the notice boards. White-Tack (or similar) is the only permitted method of temporary fixings.
19. The Hirer shall be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Owner caused by the Hirer’s failure to comply with the Conditions of Hire.
20. Where the period of Hire is indefinite either the Owner or the Hirer may terminate the same on the giving of four week’s written notice save that the Owner has the right to terminate the hiring without notice in the event that the Hirer fails to comply with any of the Conditions of Hire.
21. Please note that if when providing music i.e. a disco, at your event, smoke/dry ice equipment MUST NOT be used. This affects the Fire Alarm System.
22. Please note that the Hirer, quests, members or pupils MUST NOT COMSUME FOOD OR DRINK AT ANY TIME in the MEETING ROOM
23. The use of Party Poppers is NOT PERMITTED in any part of the Cottam Hall Community Centre Building. The dye from these products is spoiling the appearance of the floors.
Careful observation of these Conditions of Hire will ensure that every user receives the maximum satisfaction from the use of the building. Should you have any special requirements or wish further information, please contact the Booking Officer.
We hope that your forthcoming function will be a success in every way.